[DCM] Dave Camera Mount V2 – Basetube. Changes and new features:
- New “weak link” style boom attachment allows the carbon boom to pop out of the mount in the event of a nose-over incident, preventing the clamp from breaking.
- Now using 18mm OD x 16mm ID carbon fiber tubes. Lighter and stiffer
- Now 3D Printed in ASA – stronger, better temperature and UV stability, overall better print quality
- Moyes Carbon basetube clamp now available
These have been designed to be light weight, quick and easy to use so you can capture awesome footage of all your flying adventures!
- 500 or 1000mm boom lengths available
- Machined aluminum ball head with GoPro style 3-prong connector for mounting cameras
For Falcon Tandem select 1.25 inch clamp.
For all solo Falcon’s select 1.125 inch clamp.
Be cautious of over tightening thumbscrews as that can cause cracking.
I recommend installing a tether. You can tie a string to your camera, then run the string through the boom and attach it to the nose wire of you glider.
(Videos are of the original version, but they function basically the same and the camera angle will be the same.)