New updated Version 2! Changes from the original:
- Now using 18mm OD x 16mm ID tubing. Lighter and stiffer
- Now 3D printed in ASA material instead of PETG. Stronger and more effective clamping
Dave Camera Mount 42mm offset keel stinger mount V2. This allows you to mount your GoPro (or similar “action cam”) off to the side of your keel for a refreshing twist on the standard keel cam. This allows you to frame the pilot on one third of the frame for an overall more pleasing composition.
This is compatible with Wills Wing Falcon 3/4, Sport 2/3, U2 and any other glider that uses a 42mm outer diameter keel stinger. It will not work on any other diameter.
- 18mm x 16mm table rolled carbon fiber boom for high stiffness-to-weight ratio
- 500mm boom length
- Clamps and mounts 3D Printed from ASA
- Machined aluminum ball head with GoPro style 3-prong connector for mounting cameras
Always use a tether when mounting cameras on your glider. You can tie a string to your camera, then run the string through the boom and attach it to some part of the glider.